Despite a musical number to contrary, it’s easier than ever to fall in love with shades of green paint. And not just one day a year, the other three hundred and sixty four days too. Why? Because green paint shades are versatile, invigorating, and moody – depending on the shade, it’s capable of expressing so much. Plus, green paint always feels timeless and fresh. Don’t believe us? Take a look outside and see for yourself.
The best green paint colors are right outside
Nature is one of the best ways to explore color combinations and shades of green show up looking great with just about every other color. Pinks, blues, whites, blacks...we’ll wait while you try to find a color you can’t pair with green walls. But in the meantime, think about using one of our carefully selected hues to paint a bedroom, a nursery, an accent wall, or really, any space in your home.
Fan-favorite shades of green paint
Here are four of our best-selling green paint colors to start with if you’re ready to explore this fresh color:
- Dirty Martini: For those who like it shaken or stirred. This cloudy olive green classic makes a sophisticated statement in any room. This green would be relaxing enough for a main bedroom, but refined enough for a living room too. Depending on how you style it, it can skew glamourous or relaxed and beachy.
- Current Mood: For those who aren’t afraid to bring the drama. This color is having a major style moment thanks to its extraordinary versatility. A mysterious, moody green that’s intense and alluring all at once, it can work in bedroom paired with neutrals or in a little powder room with unfinished brass hardware and feminine details. What we do know is you’ll have a hard time finding only one spot to use it!
- Avocado Toast: If you can put avocado on just about everything, you’ve met your match. Like a perfectly ripe avocado spread over crisp, warm toast, this fresh and natural green is positively satisfying. Pulled right from nature, try out this color in a kitchen or bathroom. It makes every room its in feel like a breath of fresh air.
- OMGreen: Cue all the heart eyes and double taps! A harmonious mix of sage and seafoam, this punchy hue is perfect for livening up any room in your home to create seriously OMG worthy space! Try it in a guest room or a living room to bring a burst of invigorating energy.
- Grayish: If a true green is too saturated and subdued is more your mood, try Grayish. This subtle shade of gray has obvious green undertones but still reads as a neutral, offering an easy way to incorporate hint of color without overwhelming the space. Try this in a dining room to ground the space with a subtle hint of color, a bathroom to create a spa-like vibe or a main bedroom to create a relaxing oasis.
More green paint colors you'll love